I wonder if babies are supposed to catch on to food this quickly?! Finn devoured some rice cake, pasta with sauce (about 2 whole bits seemed to have disappeared!), a bit of broccoli, some carrot, half a potato wedge, a bit of yellow pepper and some melon today!! He also tried sweet potato but after one lick he made a horrified face and threw both cubes on the floor, which was hilarious!
I'm not sure if he should only be having one 'meal' per day, but he gets really upset if he's not eating and we are so I think that means he's ready for it. He was tired after swimming today too, so maybe he needed the extra energy! Anyway, he seemed to love eating twice today so as long as he's awake at mealtimes I guess we just carry on the way we're going.
What's really a miracle is that he's in bed now! He hasn't actually been in his cot for a month - he used to go in it for about half an hour, then come downstairs and sleep on a bean bag, then go in the cot for another short sleep or come straight in our bed, but he's just been in with us recently as he's been feeding so much and had sore gums. I've just fed him during story time (Olga da Polga!) and he's gone straight into the cot so we'll see how long he feels like staying in there after his busy day!
We all loved swimming today, it was lovely watching how confident Chloe is in the water now. Then we had visits from both sets of in-laws (passed the myriad catalogue along to drop hints about the types of gifts we'd love them to discover, rather than sackfuls of plastic... ;) ) We also got four hours from a motherease nappy today, which is a record! We decided to have a seasons table too today, as we've been envious oogling the beautiful displays on the GP forum. We're going to use our dining room fireplace as it's our most central place and we can use the hearth and the mantlepiece. We're going to do an autumn one even though it's almost winter, as autumn is my favourite season and I'll need some thinking time for winter! Can't wait to collect some bits for it tomorrow!
I've got some gorgeous pictures of Finny chomping away, but I can't work out a way of getting them on here from my mobile. Oh to have my digital camera back! Anyway, it was a lovely day. I love half term :)
Very Happy Days
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment