Today is the first day in weeks when I haven't had anything arranged! I thought things had been busy but really hadn't realised how long it'd been since we just spent a day at home. So today we've indulged ourselves and had a long overdue play with some bits of fabric my grandad bought in Africa a couple of years ago. Inspired by the professional babywearers on the GP forum, we've experimented with back carrying (I'm not sure how old this is ok from?) and Finn really loved it - maybe because we were looking in the mirror so he could see me and his favourite chubbly grinning baby friend smiling back at him! The method that came most naturally with the fabric crossed over my chest needs slightly longer fabric than I have though... how tempted am I to nip down the road to the fabric shop.... sometimes it'd be great to be able to afford to do things like that on a whim - my sensible side has almost won out now though. Almost.
Finn has two teeth now and is much happier with them. He's also managing to tolerate wheat gluten - I baked real wholemeal bread yesterday as the flour is just so much cheaper than spelt - and he's been fine! I haven't given him any directly but I've eaten loads and he's not reacted at all!
I've been waiting to post this until I felt less angry as I was just so gutted at the time. We were meant to be attending a fostering information evening on wednesday, which we were both really looking forward to as the next step in discovering if it might work for our family, but our babysitter let us down at the last minute leaving it too late for us to arrange for Phil's mum to come instead (Finn was coming with us anyway so it was literally just sitting downstairs while Chloe slept). I've just felt so frustrated about it, after all our careful planning, that I wanted to let that go before recording it here. We'll book in for the next evening a month from now, but it would've been great to have been able to go this time.
Anyway, I've been feeling really good about creative things this week. I've had some beautiful things arrive from the GPLETs scheme and I've finally borrowed a sewing machine so I can try out lots of ideas. I hope some of them work!
Very Happy Days
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment