Monday, 6 July 2009

We've just spent a wonderful weekend at Quest, the natural health show/festival in Devon. We haven't been before - and actually haven't braved camping since Finn's been born, so we were a little apprehensive, but it was brilliant :)
Themes for the weekend: Chloe looking beautiful and smiley, and Finn running away laughing!!
Chloe did a Reiki workshop, which meant I got to go along too - we had a great time! She was really taken with the whole place, loved the freedom of being able to go and buy her jacket potato on her own while we were in the music tent, spent hours browsing the crystal stalls and choosing a mood ring... Finn loved it too, but mostly because we were all so relaxed! He was thrilled with camping, loved the tent and loved running away from it too - he laughed when he woke up and realised we were still in a field!!

I did a fantastic workshop on working to overcome conflict which was truly a revelation to me. I learned a lot about how I deal with conflict, and I think/hope it's a good step along my path to self awareness - conflict is one of the things I'm aware I really struggle with, despite being a lot happier in my skin than ever before, and I've come to realise I'm quite passive-aggressive, which is horrid. I know where I want to be, and so far today at least, I've been there, so I'm proud of me for that!
We did a heart dance workshop and a drumming circle as well as some lovely meditation and some tempting browsing around the stalls... we had a great time and will hopefully return next year - and I'm hoping we'll go camping again in a couple of weeks!

No comments: